OMG Finishes

Saturday, July 19, 2014

SAME,SAME, BUT DIFFERENT

One of my colleagues recently gave birth to twins so what do you do but make quilts-of course making that decision at the last minute!! They did not know the sex of the babies before they were born but they have been blessed with two gorgeous healthy boys- Jude and Asher, who join their little sister in the family.
I used the pattern off Moda Bakeshop and while I used the same colourway  I used different fabrics and different placement of the colours. I backed them with a beautiful soft minkee-one light blue, and one dark blue. I stippled the centre of the quilts (nice and quick) and did a piano key in the border then bound them in different colours.
The background fabric looks very weird here-it is a white with black dot.

The back of the quilts that also shows the quilting-if you wish to see it just click on the photo to enlarge. The weather was not playing well when I took these photos sorry.
I have also been busy making hot water bottle covers.

This is the second year I have participated in a project to make covers for children's hot water bottles that are then donated to the children of Christchurch, a city in the South Island that was devastated with earthquakes two years ago but there are still many in very poor living conditions. A company donates the hot water bottles and many quilters, sewers, knitters and crocheters around the country donate the covers.

Finished sewing the binding on this queen size scrappy disappearing four patch that will be donated to charity-need to use up my larger than necessary stash and it gives me longarm practice.
 
Now for the non quilting activity-
 
the beginning of limoncello-vodka and lemon rind to start, then a sugar syrup gets added. I have never made this before, but love drinking it!! I have a lemon tree in the garden for the first time so thought I would put them to good use. Will see how this turns out-it is so easy, just takes a little time to mature.
 
Thanks for stopping by
Marlene
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments and suggestions welcome

Marlene