OMG Finishes

Friday, May 27, 2016

Bindings Next

May is coming to an end and so it is time to show my May OMG that is all quilted and now ready for the binding-if I can get it away from 'The Evil One' !!
I laid it on the floor to trim it and it was quickly taken over and she didn't like it when I took it to take photos of it.
This was a practice quilt  (that will be a lap quilt for this winter) to use Remy to quilt a panto. I certainly did not have a smooth path so it is a bit jerky but once washed and crinkly you won't notice.
I also decided to use a variegated thread that may not have been the wisest choice for my first panto on this machine but I do like the effect. 
The panto is Slick by Lorien Quilting and the thread is a King Tut by Superior.

Another quilted one that is ready for binding and I love how it turned out.
And look at the backing- a light pink minkee that I think shows the quilting so well-
Onto the binding now.
I have another quilt loaded and quilting has begun- forgot to take a before photo so it will have to be a finish photo.
Happy quilting.

Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Quilting on Remy

The quilting has begun on the pink star quilt. Using inspiration from both Angela Walters and Judi Madsen's books this is where I am at, and liking it so far.
Before I loaded this one on the machine I made a zig zag quilt that started out with one lot of fabrics that I ended up not liking so delved into my stash and although I'm not sure I love it I was able to have fun quilting it. It will keep a little girl warm this winter
Measuring 40 x 55 inches
I had decided how wide I was making it then just kept adding rows until I was happy with the layout.
I started with straight line quilting and originally was going to alternate that with spirals but liked the look of the puffy owls so just ditch stitched in the seam lines on the yellow fabrics. It certainly took practice quilting those spirals but it got better the more I did.
And a view of the back, although the quilting can only just be seen.

Now it's onto the binding.

Friday, May 6, 2016


Well I think this poor quilt has been languishing on the design wall far too long, and while I have some other projects I need to be working on my goal is to get one more row of blocks made and get this baby quilted.
I made this from left over pieces of a batik jelly roll that I used for another quilt and added Kona Ash and I like the result. I made it with the intention of quilting a Pantograph on it and so it will be the first panto on my new longarm and I will see if it is easier than the  Funquilter