OMG Finishes

Friday, May 27, 2016

Bindings Next

May is coming to an end and so it is time to show my May OMG that is all quilted and now ready for the binding-if I can get it away from 'The Evil One' !!
I laid it on the floor to trim it and it was quickly taken over and she didn't like it when I took it to take photos of it.
This was a practice quilt  (that will be a lap quilt for this winter) to use Remy to quilt a panto. I certainly did not have a smooth path so it is a bit jerky but once washed and crinkly you won't notice.
I also decided to use a variegated thread that may not have been the wisest choice for my first panto on this machine but I do like the effect. 
The panto is Slick by Lorien Quilting and the thread is a King Tut by Superior.

Another quilted one that is ready for binding and I love how it turned out.
And look at the backing- a light pink minkee that I think shows the quilting so well-
Onto the binding now.
I have another quilt loaded and quilting has begun- forgot to take a before photo so it will have to be a finish photo.
Happy quilting.





7 comments:

  1. Great practice piece. The pink and white quilt turned out scrummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I"ve never tried an allover quilting design...well done on a finish - your cross quilt looks great...and I love the pink stars - such a pretty quilt and lovely quilting :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful crosses, I love the cool jewel tones you used. The quilting on the pink stars is gorgeous. You had a very successful OMG for May.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your lovely finish, and the baby quilt is lovely too with the quilting showing so well on the back. Looks like you are having fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your quilting is amazing. I am green with envy you can work on your quilts right now... cos I can't!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The quilting turned out just all kinds of fabulous Marlene-ahhhhhh!!! There's a 3D effect on the Minky backing! I also love the Plus quilt, the colours are right up my alley. I have yet to try a panto; you did a great job! And Remy...proof once more that cats get memos as to proper feline comportment. Clearly. She does 'go' with that quilt, just sayin'

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are both beautiful! And you are right about how the crinkles hide wobbles. :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments and suggestions welcome

Marlene