OMG Finishes

Friday, August 21, 2015

Wiggle Time Quilt






That was a longer break from blogging than I intended but sometimes things in life just go that way. Let's get back into it again.
While I was making this quilt for my sister last year-
my neighbour, who I share a driveway with, and who keeps his eye out to make sure I am ok, kept asking when I was going to make him a 'blanket'!! He is a large man and so said it had to be really big!! No problem I said over and over as he kept asking,  then decided I better get sewing.
I used all the left over green fabrics from my sister's quilt quilt and some plain black Kona and a pattern called Wiggle Time by Cynthia Brunz of Quilting is More Fun than Housework blog.
This turned out to be approx. 115inches by 118 inches. (colours in this photo are a lot lighter than in real life)
                           
This is an easy pattern to sew and I can see more to come, but maybe not this big!!!
When I loaded it on my longarm I wasn't paying attention and whoops-a rip on both the top and bottom from a broken needle, but I wasn't looking and kept sewing!!! I did wonder why the noise wasn't quite right and then I looked. Luckily it was the edge of the quilt so was able to cut the width by about 4 inches.
Oops!!


I am having trouble with loading photos and they all look out of focus. This is the first time I have posted since loading Windows 10 so wonder if Picasa and Windows 10 don't like each other???
Think I will give up showing more until I can work this out-maybe have to go back to the old laptop for blogging.

After a non-love affair with my longarm machine since indeed I purchased it, it has been diagnosed as needing a new motor and so is away getting attended to and I hope to have it back tomorrow and I can't wait. Fingers crossed it will finally run smoothly.
Will be back soon if I can get this blogger to work properly.

Happy Quilting
















1 comment:

  1. Awesome quilt. And huge! Sorry about the rip, but I'm glad you were able to do something about it. It seems like the pictures may be blurry because they were re-sized a little smaller (less pixels).

    ReplyDelete

Comments and suggestions welcome

Marlene