OMG Finishes

Sunday, September 7, 2014

It's a Sister's Thing Swap

I going to wait until I received my package before I posted,  and just combine what I had sent and what I received in one post but unfortunately I think the postie has decided to keep my package for herself!! I know my package has been sent but it has yet to arrive in the post box.

I got to stalk Pauline over in the UK who blogs at phoenixheirlooms.blogspot.com. It was fun stalking someone I had not visited before, but at the same time a bit daunting that 'I would get it right'. Pauline goes caravanning a lot, and also has a new kitchen in her house so I nearly made her a set of placemats but boy am I glad I changed that idea as she has just made herself some.
Instead I made her a wall hanging for her sewing room. I saw she has a love of Kaffe Fassett fabrics so out my stash of these came and here is the result-it was rather windy when I took the picture but it was the best I could do before it went in the post.

It is the Nested Churn Dash pattern and I did straight line quilting on it.

Pauline does a lot of childrens charity quilts so I included a pattern by a New Zealand designer, along with a little pin cushion and of cause chocolate.
Enjoy Pauline.

2 comments:

  1. Just wonderful goodies that you sent to her. I'm sure she will love seeing that wall hanging in her sewing room. I'm so sorry that your package didn't arrive yet but hopefully tomorrow will be the lucky day. I can't wait to see what you receive. Thanks so much for participating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sent an amazing package! Cute pin cushion to match her new studio artpiece, and I love the great colors of that book marker. I had to zoom in to check out what birds those are that come in such colors.

    ReplyDelete

Comments and suggestions welcome

Marlene