OMG Finishes

Friday, February 2, 2018

January Efforts



Well January has gone and I didn't write another blog post altough the intention was there on many occasions. I just need to be more disciplined.
I did however have some finishes which I am happy about.

I'mFirst up is a Stripie Quilt for my soon to be born great,great nephew. My great niece is expecting her first baby in March. She is very particular about what she likes and dislikes so I got her to choose fabrics from the stash. Love how it turned out and the look of the quilting on the flanalette backing. I had pieced this before Christmas and quilted and bound it in January .



After a busy time before Christmas with family issues then going to Australia over the festive season I needed somthing quick to get me back into the sewing room and onto the longarm so I was in the groove when I started customers quilts. I had purchased a Black and White Jellyroll on holiday so added some red and voila a Jellyroll Race 2 quilt- pattern from Missouri Star Quilt Company.

The only fabric that suited and I had enough of for the backing was a black fabric and I quilted it in a red thread. Pattern is Diamonds are forever by Patricia Ritter and I love how it turned out. Unfortunately I don't seem to be able to get a photo to show the black properly.

I also quilted a customer quilt with the same pattern but neglected to take a photo.
I also managed to finish sewing the top for another of the Elephant Quilts I have made before using the free pattern Paisley Splash from Wyndham Fabrics. This is number four and I have one more to do. Again the customer (a work colleague) chose the elehant fabric and the black and the rest is from the stash. I love making these quilts and they all turn out differently.

Now to quilt it.

Off to the machine.
Happy Quilting
Marlene 

4 comments:

  1. I love your jelly Roll race quilt......I keep meaning to make one of those I have a stack of jelly rolls waiting to be made into quilts! Those elephant quilts are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice that you have a longarm so you can get these quilts made quickly! That elephant quilt is definitely a cute one. Funnily, I've never sewn with a jelly roll. Guess I prefer the fun of choosing my own color/fabric combo, rather than have a company do it for me. In fact, I'm thinking to make the rug that was recently a rug-along on Instagram. It uses 2-1/2 strips - 50 yards worth! I've been slow about getting started because of all the cutting I will need to do. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh found you again! Keep blogging!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks admin for the post, Its really a nice post and Looking for more blogs like this. Please stay updated..!

    Exotic pets for sale in florida

    ReplyDelete

Comments and suggestions welcome

Marlene